3:02 AM

The Last ( lost ) Tears !!!

Posted by Avinash K J



My cousin Shreenidhi shot this picture in Kanha National Park recently and asked me to comment on this. I was dumbstruck to utter any word. This is one the most difficult pictures to comment on, and rather one of the raw most acts of Nature, unfolded.
As the photographer says : " This is the most cruelest scenes ive witnessed in the wild so far. The deer was still alive while it was being eaten by a pack of Dholes ( Indian Wilddogs ). The Deer had tears in its eyes and looked at me helplessly, hoping for miracle. This was a judgement call for me. My brother whispered ' All i need now is a gun to shoot this 3 foot 2 inch thingy into peices '
Being a Naturalist, all i could do was to respect the law of nature, record this moment in my camera with a heavy heart and drive off. Just in a matter of 40 mins, Nothing except bones were left at the site. My mother had tears in her eyes and everybody were silent. Though we saw a Tiger later in the safari, none of us were excited to see it or to click any photographs. This was indeed one of the most difficult moments for me in the wild "

I posted this photograph in one of the leading Nature firms in this country and this was what many people had to say about this photograph.
http://www.indianaturewatch.net/displayimage.php?id=50035

The purpose of me posting this image on my blog is simple. Many of us think the way Shreenidhi's brother think. But a fact is, this is nothing but a law of nature.. The food chain. If not for this Chital ( spotted deer ) , many predators like the wild dogs, leopards and Tigers would've become extinct in the wild. Its a balance well crafted by Mother Nature. The image delivers a powerful message to understand this theory for any Nature/wildlife Lover.
Like many in the firm, I cant call this a 'wonderful image', but this will surely stay in my mind for a long long time.

4 comments:

Suma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suma said...

As you said its very true when we think about the food chain. This picture is truly Mesmerizing and will stay in my mind forever if i think of Wild.



Actually this pic should be shown to killers (Humans). Any killer will soften his heart if he sees this pic. :). If tiger and other predators were to understand feelings then they would have turned herbivore :) he he he

Avinash K J said...

@Suma
heh Nice thought.. But the dog is just doing what its designed to do.
And talking about Tigers and other predators : Its not about understanding feelings, its about the way their digestive system is designed. They cant survive without meat.
But i liked your thought.. Thanks for the comment.

Sandeep said...

aww.. sad but one has to face it..