10:14 AM

Today's Moon looked Different !

Posted by Avinash K J

Yes, Today's Moon looked different indeed ! One of my good friends Rachana called me up in the Evening and asked " Have you tried Photographing the Moon? If not, try it today! "

The answer was simple.. NO. I had not tried photographing the moon till date, coz the idea hadn struck my mind.

I made my way up to the terrace and had a look at the moon. It was quite normal. White in color, looking bright and beautiful.. But yes i was a lil amazed to see the clear sky in bangalore today, after regular showers for more than a week !

It demanded lil skills to photograph the moon. Autofocus doesnt always work, had to play around for a while to get the desired Aperture and the Shutter speed matching their Ratios..

Finally i all I got was a white ball on my LCD screen !

As one can see, there are a few yellow patches on the left part of the moon. I thought of checking out what those patches were... UnderExposed the shot by 1 stop and clicked again.. I got this.




Reducing the Exposure Compensation a little more at 300 mm ,


I could see something like an Axis ( Right bottom half )

High speed crop, at 350mm.. The moon looked like this..


I can actually see two such spots on the surface.. which looks like some damage done by an Asteoroid !!
Any Scientific comments on this one ??? :-)

7 comments:

Rachana said...

HEY HERO.... THANKS KANO.. I WANTED THESE PICS BADLY TODAY... :)

Unknown said...

Maga, super!!! I am not regretting my words "I ENVY YOU"!!!

Avinash K J said...

heh.. Thanks Pal.. Lots to learn from a senior Photographer like you ! ;)

Sandeep said...

great stuff :)

Adi said...

Hey great pics :)

MEROPS said...

Hi avinash.. thanks for visiting my blog. Am glad you enjoyed it.
am amazed by the moon pics... they are brilliant!

Avinash K J said...

@merops : Thanks for swinging by.